2014 Whole Schools Initiative Spring Cluster Retreats-Unlocking the Mystery of Arts Integration
Posted Feb 3, 12:04 PM
The 2014 Whole Schools Initiative Spring Cluster Retreats are designed for teams of Pre-K to 8th grade classroom teachers, arts specialists, and administrators who will experience, observe and create arts integrated strategies using Common Core State Standards and Mississippi Visual and Performing Arts Frameworks.
What we do:
The Whole Schools Initiative, Mississippi’s first comprehensive statewide arts education program, uses the arts as a vehicle for promoting high-quality instruction and learning for students in all disciplines. This unique program goes far beyond “art for art’s sake” and applies the learning power of the arts across the entire curriculum.
Our Five Goals:
- To improve student academic achievement through the integration of the arts into the core curriculum.
- To enrich the lives of students by increasing their skills and knowledge in all arts disciplines.
- To assist the professional and personal growth of teachers and administrators through the arts.
- To use the arts to increase parental and community involvement in schools.
- To build a sustainable system for supporting arts integration in schools.
Would you like to work with the Whole Schools Initiative?
Jodie Engle, Director